What is the Financial Impact of Divorce in New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont?
If you're thinking about divorce, you're probably concerned about the financial impact it will have on you and your family. Without someone to share the expenses, everything becomes more expensive. Some people are concerned about having to pay child support and spousal support or alimony, and they may worry that they will not have enough money to get by and take care of their children. Given the anxiety created by uncertainty, it's important to know up front how divorce may affect the financial well-being of both parties.
To learn more about the financial issues created by divorce in New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont, talk with an attorney at Pollack Law Group, P.C. (PLG). We offer a free consultation at any of our convenient locations throughout the region. Call us at 800-934-7287 for answers to your questions about divorce and your finances. You may also contact us online to schedule your appointment.
Questions About the Financial Aftermath of Divorce
Common questions about money and divorce include:
- How much will I pay or receive in child support?
- Will alimony or spousal support be ordered?
- What will happen to our house and other assets?
- What if I lose my job? Will I still have to pay child support? Is there a possibility for a support modification?
- What if my ex-spouse remarries? Can I modify the alimony I pay?
- Who gets the house? The car? The family boat?
- Who gets the income tax exemptions and refunds?
- How will retirement accounts, pensions and 401ks be divided?
Our attorneys can answer these questions and give you the information you need. We can also advise you about issues such as bankruptcy and divorce, military pay or pensions and divorce, how payments by one spouse to another are taxed, and how child support, alimony and property division can be linked.
Contact Our Northern New England Lawyers
To learn more about financial issues in divorce, contact the family law attorneys at Pollack Law Group, P.C. Call 800-934-7287 or contact us online for a free initial consultation.